For the right applications, Novatec’s VRD Series of dryers have a significant number of advantages over dryers using conventional dryer technologies.
Take a typicl size dryer used in the Rocky Mountain area, something sized for a 25 lb/hr throughput, drying Polycarbonate:
- Footprint is 23″ x 26.5″
- There is NO regeneration heating required (this is probably the biggest energy hog in a typical desiccant dryer.)
- There is NO high temperature regeneration heat exhausted into your plant
- Drying time is only 40 to 50 minutes
- Change over for different colors or materials on the fly
How does it work?
- A small batch is heated to the temperature recommended by the resin supplier for 20 to 25 minutes (for Polycarbonate)
- A vacuum is drawn on the material which lowers the boiling point of the moisture in the pellet to under 150 deg F
- The moisture vaporizes, and is drawn out of the material very quickly
Click here to download a brochure.
Click here to request additional information, or a quotation.
Click here to read about how the VRD Vacuum Dryer saves significant energy
Watch the Video
Since Maguire and Novatec are sister companies, this is the same dryer that is demonstrated in the following video produced by the Maguire marketing department. Please view this video for some in depth descriptions of this product.
Drying times for various materials
Reference the chart below to see what you can expect for drying times with your material: